Thursday, February 4, 2010

dot to dot

I'm laughing as I read my blog posts. I didn't realize how bipolar my blogs can be! One day I am complaining about my morning sickness, the next day I'm pouring my heart out about faith and sacrifice. What can I say? I'm a girl. :-)

Nothing too exciting has been happening in my life lately. But I have truly been enjoying these restful days. I know that my time alone is coming to an end as I look forward to Jaiden Emery joining our family this summer! It amazes me how much joy she has brought to my life already and I haven't even seen her face. It's crazy to think that I used to be so scared of becoming a mom. Now I wonder how anyone could ever live without the experience. I'm sure some people think I am naive and that I haven't experienced the hardship of motherhood yet. I think that's partly true. But I remember begging God not to let me get pregnant until He changed my heart to be open and willing to enjoy the experience to it's fullest and now I know that He answered my prayer.

Every moment of every day I praise God that He would choose me to be Jaiden's mom! I'm learning with each new phase of my life that God knows infinitely more than I do about what fulfills me in my life. No job, amount of education, money or status could ever fill my heart the way this Jaiden does. I know that It's not the baby, however, that fulfills me, but it's the willingness to allow God to direct my life. When I lay down my blueprints for a successful life and exchange it for God's perfect will for me, I find so much more peace and joy! What an awesome God we serve!

I guess this blog post in itself is a little random. But if any of you girls out there are reading this, I'm sure you can connect the dots with me... :-)

Enjoy God's plans for you! They're perfect...

1 comment:

  1. Bipolar isn't the word I would use! Adorable...yes, that's better. It's such a privilege, Carolyn, to see a snapshot of your heart and life as you serve the Lord in this new season. I love you, my sister & friend.

    <3 Dawn

    ReplyDelete