Thursday, March 18, 2010

Anxious for nothing

It's amazing how every time I seek to go deeper in my relationship with the Lord, how quickly the enemy attacks me. It really isn't a surprise, it's just a little frustrating. It's been a wonderful week for me being in the presence of the Lord. I can't tell you how refreshed I am every morning when I spend time in His Word. And I love spending my day in constant prayer. I have truly felt so close to His hand.

It should be no surprise to me then that today was a roller coaster of emotions. I knew right away as I started slipping into my fears that I was under attack. Of course! Here I am pouring my heart and soul out to God, wanting to go deeper with Him and all of a sudden I am overcome with fear, doubt and anxiety. I am so thankful to have prayer partners that can pray with me during times like this. I am so grateful that the Lord hears my prayers and calms me by the power of His spirit. I know that there is nothing out of His control. There is nothing that can, or will ever happen that He doesn't already know. He has measured out my life and the things in it perfectly. Who am I do ever doubt His wisdom?

"Be anxious for nothing, but  in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment