Saturday, July 24, 2010

brand new mommy

Well, it seems so anticlimactic to announce it this way, but she's here! Jaiden Emery Geraci, born on the 4th of July. After 31 hours of labor she greeted the world with a  soft, sweet cry. It's so amazing to be on this side of it all. There are few things in life, that when they occur, they change you forever for the better; having a baby is one of them. There are no words to describe the amazing fulfillment that comes when you hold your precious child for the first time. I am still in awe every time I look at her. It amazes me to think that the Lord formed this child inside of me. To think that he arranged each perfect detail in her tiny face, that he placed all of her organs just so and fashioned her delicate hands to grip my finger so strongly, it's incredible. I am in love!

There isn't much else to update for now. We are all resting and taking our time to recover. We plan on leaving in a week to visit my family in Charleston. So for now we rest and take our time enjoying our days together as a family. I'm sure there will be much more to share when we return from SC. ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment