Friday, May 28, 2010

Time for an update!

Wow, I am realizing how long it has been since I've updated this! A lot has happened in the past few months.

First thing the Lord did was provided us with a place to live. (We were staying with Jon's parents since we moved back to CO.) We found a great little condo just 2 miles from the church. We love it! It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors. It is starting to feel like our own piece of heaven. (Although I will say, I underestimated the challenges I would face living on the 3rd floor and being in my third trimester!) Overall it has been a wonderful blessing, and as a side note, I can't wait for the pool to open. :)

In other news, Jon has been hard at work planning and preparing for our summer missions trip to S.C. Yes, I did say "our." We will be leaving about 3 weeks after I have the baby and taking a group of high school kids to facilitate a Vacation Bible School at Calvary Chapel Charleston. I will be joining them on the trip, but of course, not to sing and play, but to nurse and nap and visit with my family! It's such a blessing that we get to see them so soon after the baby is born. They will get to see her fresh and new! And I will welcome all the help I can get from the aunts and uncles!

Other than that, our life has been full of preparations for the baby. She is due July 8 and I can't believe we only have 6 weeks to go! I have been blessed abundantly with baby showers. Jon and I took a trip to South Carolina the first week of March where I had my first baby shower. We got so many baby clothes we had to take an extra suitcase home. Her closet is already packed and I am pretty sure we won't have to buy her anything until she is at least a year. (Praise the Lord.) Since then I have had 2 other showers and I am still waiting to have 2 more. That brings the grand total to 5. (So blessed!) We have also been reading The Bradley Method book which helps prepare us for natural child birth. We also get to take our first child birth class tomorrow. I can't even believe that we are in this stage of life! So amazing...

I can't really explain the place I am in at this point. It's like that feeling when you know life is going to change forever, but there is nothing you can really do to prepare for that. I pray all the time that the Lord will give me grace when she arrives to know how to handle the changes. I am confident that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. So despite some well- meaning, but also discouraging comments, I am very excited for my "life to never be the same!" It's very possible I will only get one more post in before she comes. I will do my best to make sure that happens. Until then...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete