Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Living Inside The Impossible

I'm not sure if anyone even reads this...
...but I'm so happy just to have a outlet. It's been a full 4 months. I've kept busy with lots of morning sickness, chasing a toddler, leading worship and having more morning sickness. As my nausea died down my appetite for God's Word surged again. I have spent the last 4 months trying to simply survive, and now I am so happy to be eating steak dinners again! (I mean that metaphorically of course. Don't worry, I won't be having a 20lb baby.)

As some of you may know God has called Jon and I to move to sweet southern South Carolina again, and this time for good, or for a long while anyway. We will be starting a Bible study in our home and will wait and watch to see how God will grow it. As of right now, we are still serving faithfully in the place that God has us. But not long after this little one is born, (due early June) we will be making the trek back out to the south. Needless to say there are a million unknowns in our life right now; Where will we live? How will we save enough money to move? How will we be able to survive on one income? The list goes on..

I was so encouraged to come across my brother Aubrey's teaching tonight. He taught on Jonah chapter 13. It's kind of a random chapter. It is in the middle of a long story, but holds some golden nuggets about God's faithfulness:

So God promised Moses all the way back in Genesis 12 that He was going to free the  slaves of Egypt, give them their own land and through it provide a savior for all mankind. So we come to Joshua 13.

Joshua is taking over Moses' position as leader of the freed slaves and God comes to him to remind him of this promise. God tells Joshua he is not getting any younger, so God himself would drive out the remaining people in the land so that the freed slaves could inhabit it. This is a chapter and a story that is so often overlooked! Here God is the one to make SURE His promise comes to pass. And not only that, but HE Himself drove out the people so they could inhabit the land.

Why is it that we forget our God is the same God? He is a God who goes to great lengths to keep His promises. This encourages me in so many ways. If God has called us to do a seemingly impossible task like move to a strange new city with no money, no job and trust Him to do a work, then HE WILL DO IT! I am also encouraged because I know if God keeps all His promises, then we have the return of Jesus to look forward to! I hope to be found busy making His ways known when he shows up on that unexpected day.

If God is calling you to act in faith, do it! He is going to make the impossible possible! All for the glory of His own name!

"For it  is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." - Phillipians 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment