Monday, September 17, 2012

Where God Guides...

Hello to all my family and friends! It's been almost 6 weeks since we've moved and it feels like a lifetime. There is so much to catch you up on!

First of all, God is so faithful! I prayed for a year that the Lord would provide a safe, clean home for us in Mt. Pleasant on a very small budget. This is a little bit more challenging than some would think. We happen to find a place on craigslist that had just dropped in price. My parents saw it before we signed the lease just days before moving. When I first saw the house I was able to understand how we got it for such a good price. It needed lots of work! Praise the Lord I came out 2 weeks before Jon. I was able to scrub down the house and get some painting done before he arrived. I kept telling him when he got here that he had no idea how dumpy it was before he showed up. When he arrived it looked so much nicer, thanks to the team of people who helped me!

Another provision from the Lord was our jobs. (Didn't I tell you God was going to provide?) Well, it just so happens that an old friend that I used to work with lives 10 minutes down the road and was looking for someone to watch her baby during the week. Of course I couldn't resist. The baby is still very young and sleeps most of the day. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my own children and enjoy the company of a sweet baby girl and get payed for it! Jon was immediately hired at Starbucks after a glowing review from his old manager. :) Praise the Lord they hired him on at his old pay rate so he didn't have to start from the bottom again! The best part is the Lord has already given him many opportunities to witness to both the staff and customers and invite them to Bible study. I know the Lord will use him there in a mighty way.

So now that we have moved in and have settled into our jobs, we will be starting our first Bible study this coming Sunday. We have already met a family who has been living in Mt. Pleasant for 4 months and have been praying for a Bible teaching church to come here! We visited a local church that is very large in this area and found that it was very nice and friendly, but didn't have much of the Word. We hope that this Bible study will have a two-fold purpose; to bring unbelievers to Christ and to further equip the believers.

Lastly, we have made a few friends. Jon has been able to hang out with some people from work. We also met some neighbors across the street who have a little boy just Jaiden's age and the mom is due in a week! They have been so welcoming and it has been a comfort to have sweet people in our neighborhood.

Please continue to pray for us as we move forward in the Lord's call on our lives. Pray that the Lord will continue to give us faith to follow through all that He calls us to do. Please pray for the Lord to give us peace and comfort as we are always stretched out of our comfort zone! And pray for God to continue to provide for us financially.

I know I could go on but it's late, and this mommy brain is done! I will do my best to keep up with the blogging. We love and miss all of our Colorado friends and family so much. Praise the Lord we can keep in touch.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment